Macan in shop

Talk and tech about the Porsche Macan (all years)
Roondog
Posted on Macan Forum as well but had to have my 2018 GTS towed after it died on me while driving in a parking lot. No limp mode, just locked in Park after it turned off. Couldn’t start it. Dealer first changed battery but then saw transmission faults. They ordered a new transmission control unit and I suspect it’s the mechatronics. Car has 34k and I bought as a CPO April 2022. Haven’t had it all but 2 1/2 months. So at the moment I’m out the cost of a battery.

Teddis
I had Mechatronics replaced under CPO a month or so back in my 2016.....they had it on hand. I had a "slight" jerk between 2 - 1 gears coming to a stop.

Roondog
got Macan back finally. Replaced valve body, and the mechatronics under CPO. My only cost was the battery which makes sense although I am not happy it's the OEM from factory.

kapetajr
Roondog wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:26 pm
got Macan back finally. Replaced valve body, and the mechatronics under CPO. My only cost was the battery which makes sense although I am not happy it's the OEM from factory.
Glad it was fixed under CPO. Are you not happy with the cost or that they used an OEM battery?

2015 Macan Turbo - Sapphire Blue, AS, SC, PASM
- GAS Stage 1 ECU& PDK tune, GAS Catch Can kit and more
https://carpokes.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=548

Roondog
Just meant that it was the original battery. I get it, if it pasts a test during CPO they don't replace it. Just inconvenient to me that it dies within 2 months of owning the car at the dealer. Had I known, I would have replaced it myself. That's my beef really. If I can do it, then I rather do it then have to pay the dealer their costs. Overall I am happy to have it back and hope to have many more miles trouble free.

kapetajr
Roondog wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:50 pm Just meant that it was the original battery. I get it, if it pasts a test during CPO they don't replace it. Just inconvenient to me that it dies within 2 months of owning the car at the dealer. Had I known, I would have replaced it myself. That's my beef really. If I can do it, then I rather do it then have to pay the dealer their costs. Overall I am happy to have it back and hope to have many more miles trouble free.
100% agree with you. 2 months after buying the car that battery should have been covered by dealer or atleast replaced as a customer satisfaction thing. It would also have been nice of them to give the option of getting your own Battery(code it yourself or get an indy to do it). OEM battery was probably not cheap.

2015 Macan Turbo - Sapphire Blue, AS, SC, PASM
- GAS Stage 1 ECU& PDK tune, GAS Catch Can kit and more
https://carpokes.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=548

Teddis
For coding the battery in.....I think the Autel AP200, is most cost effective.