944 A/C Compressor/Condenser Replacement

Product Instructions, Repair Procedures, and Other Technical Downloads
Tom
Site Admin
Attached is a downloadable PDF which details the process for replacing the a/c compressor and condenser on the late model 944 cars.

ac pdf pic.jpg

944 AC Compressor and Condenser Replacement by Carpokes V1.pdf
You need at least one post on Carpokes to see and download files.

Seagrams
Awesome instructions. I have a kid coming soon so I will absolutely use this as reference to try and revive my 86's AC system.

Chico Jon
How do you know if you need to flush the lines to the evaporator and condenser prior to replacing the compressor? I assume you need to back flush the system? Thanks

Seagrams
Chico Jon wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:17 pm How do you know if you need to flush the lines to the evaporator and condenser prior to replacing the compressor? I assume you need to back flush the system? Thanks
I'm new to this too, but from what I gather, you want to considering flushing the system if your compressor had failed (sending metal debris through the system), or if you are unsure of what type of oil/how much is in the system. In those cases you want to flush and start clean.

I have heard you can backflush the evaporator through the dryer line by the driver headlight, but I have also heard you can't do that with systems that have expansion valves (which ours does) - so I would like confirmation on that..