Interest in Taycan Bezel Covers?

Tech and talk about the Taycan
Mete
Thanks a ton, Tom for sending bezel and mode dial covers. Our Taycan 4s just arrived a few weeks ago and it was the first thing we tried before taking a few photos...It nicely complemented bordeaux seat belts too...
Taycan 4s - exterior.jpg
Taycan 4s - exterior.jpg (4.81 MiB) Viewed 1297 times
SC bezel cover.jpg
SC bezel cover.jpg (1.44 MiB) Viewed 1297 times
mode dial.jpg
mode dial.jpg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 1297 times
SC and mode dial.jpg
SC and mode dial.jpg (2.05 MiB) Viewed 1297 times

Tom
Site Admin
That looks great! Please post them all over the internet. :) What color is the paint on that car? Is that Guards Red? I haven't seen a bright red one yet, but have to say I like it. Shows more of a family resemblence that way!

p.s., Congrats on the new car!!

Mete
Tom wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:40 am That looks great! Please post them all over the internet. :) What color is the paint on that car? Is that Guards Red? I haven't seen a bright red one yet, but have to say I like it. Shows more of a family resemblence that way!

Thanks Tom! It is carmine red.

Charlesbomr
Tom wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:40 am That looks great! Please post them all over the internet. :) What color is the paint on that car? Is that Guards Red? I haven't seen a bright red one yet, but have to say I like it. Shows more of a family resemblence that way!

Can’t wait for mine 😍😍😍

ruartur
Would love to get the dial cover and the clock bezel for a Bordeaux/Black interior in Bordeaux. Please let me know if you can make the arrangements.

Flyingpoint
Interested in both the SC and Drive Mode Bezel, contact for instruction on ordering.

Taycan RWD
2016 GT3

YWGT3
I tried wrapping the bezels to match the blue stripe on my steering wheel but to no avail. Apparently, the wrap material is not as malleable as I thought it would be. So, I ordered the matching color in paint. As I'm waiting for it to arrive, the more I look at the unpainted mounted bezels the more they seem to grow on me by just leaving them in their natural color. Actually, they look pretty cool against the black dash and the Dolomite silver exterior. Instead, I may replace the steering wheel's stripe with a chalk-colored wrap to match. Thanks again Tom for these nifty accessories which definitely enhance the overall look of our Porsche cockpits! :clap:
Attachments
IMG_2273.JPG
IMG_2273.JPG (1.89 MiB) Viewed 1039 times

YWGT3
Finally! I wrapped the steering wheel stripe area with VVIVID+ Premium Matte Suzuka Ice Grey vinyl that closely matches the unpainted dial and bezel.
Attachments
IMG_2280.JPG
IMG_2280.JPG (3.86 MiB) Viewed 988 times

Tom
Site Admin
Looking good. One thing just occurred to me though. Those parts are made with photo-sensitive resin. It turns from liquid to solid when exposed to the right UV light in the printer. If exposed to UV light continuously, the plastic can break down prematurely. When they are painted, they are protected from the UV. If you use them unpainted like that, theoretically they may break down over time. I've never seen that happen, but the mfg says they will become brittle and discolored over time if left in the sun unprotected. Just FYI....

YWGT3
Thanks for the heads-up. Can’t let that happen. Looks like I’ll be ordering a can of spray paint to match.