Modern Turbo Upgrades

Talk and Tech about turbocharged 924/944/968 cars
BigRatchet
I recently purchased a second hand Stage 3r Vitesse turbo, upon delivery there are definitely some blemishes that need addressing. That leaves me with two options, a turbo rebuild or take my losses and buy a new turbo. If I went with the second option who is making modern turbo's for our cars ? I've read everywhere about the Voodoo's and UltraSpool's from M44 Performance but looks like their shop isn't open anymore.

Tom
Site Admin
BigRatchet wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:15 am I recently purchased a second hand Stage 3r Vitesse turbo, upon delivery there are definitely some blemishes that need addressing. That leaves me with two options, a turbo rebuild or take my losses and buy a new turbo. If I went with the second option who is making modern turbo's for our cars ? I've read everywhere about the Voodoo's and UltraSpool's from M44 Performance but looks like their shop isn't open anymore.
Contact John @Fast951 -- he can make that turbo like new again. A Vitesse stage 3 turbo is a glorious thing on a 951. :clap:

BigRatchet
Tom wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:30 am
BigRatchet wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:15 am I recently purchased a second hand Stage 3r Vitesse turbo, upon delivery there are definitely some blemishes that need addressing. That leaves me with two options, a turbo rebuild or take my losses and buy a new turbo. If I went with the second option who is making modern turbo's for our cars ? I've read everywhere about the Voodoo's and UltraSpool's from M44 Performance but looks like their shop isn't open anymore.
Contact John @Fast951 -- he can make that turbo like new again. A Vitesse stage 3 turbo is a glorious thing on a 951. :clap:
I reached out but unfortunately he doesn't have the materials for it right now, since I believe it's based off a Garrett turbo I was going to see if a diesel repair shop could take a look at it. Good to know that the stage 3 is still held with high praises !

Cruise98
Charlie at Evergreen Turbo can fix you up.

Crenshaw
Another vote for Evergreen. I have a standard k26/6 "Raptor" rebuild from him and it straight rips....

BigRatchet
@Crenshaw @Cruise98

I will shoot him a message, thanks !

ROB III
I have not yet used Evergreen but I have never heard anything negative, only positive about Charlie and his Raptor Turbo package.

TurboD
Another vote for Charlie at Evergreen! He was an absolute pleasure to deal with, and my 951 rips to redline even at a mild 13psi on his raptor 26/6 X upgrage. I am running it with an Innovate SCG1 electronic boost controller and a Tial 38mm dual port wastegate.

NCGermerican
I also recommend Charlie at Evergreen. He's a pleasure to work with and the Raptor turbo is amazing. I have the Raptor X, which requires a larger diameter J-boot from Lindsey Racing, but the Raptor S (K26 based) is often more than adequate.

1987 951 - Nautic Blue over Linen
1987 944 S - Nautic Blue over Linen
2015 Audi RS5 Sepang Blue (Daily)
2023 Durango R/T AWD - Destroyer Grey (Wife's Daily)
2013 Audi A5 Quattro - Brilliant Black (Son's daily once he turns 16)

Bergerac
M44 performance is gone.

Tial had some of their billet turbo mounts available recently if you want to go down the Garrett GTX road but some fab involved in that