Book review: Porsche Special Editions

Porsche talk that defies categories!
Tom_N
Hey guys, you may have seen the release of Matt Stone's new book, Porsche Special Editions in Panorama or elsewhere. PCA has a 30% discount so I jumped on it. I got it yesterday. It's nice, but Mr. Stone seems to have that thing against 996s. Why? Not only did he omit the 40 Jahre in the Anniversary Cars chapter, but the only 996 in the book is that one from the kids movie. No GT2, no GT3 RS. I'm really disappointed since I have a 40 Jahre and look for resources on this car. It's got a lot of great cars but I'm sending it back.

2004 40 Jahre #1342 :thumbup:

RDMcG
Many thanks for your comments! Did he define “special edition”?

For example I would define a Sport Classic as a special edition but not a GT3RS as there was no announced limit on the number produced.

However it is the author’s definition and not mine which counts:)

Tom_N
No, not defined, fairly loose as I recall. I can't check however since the book has already gone back. In my opinion the 40 Jahre deserved to be there because the book has an anniversary editions chapter. Again my opinion, the 996 GT3 RS is comparable to other road cars plentifully displayed on the book's pages.

Dispite its shortcomings the 996 did a lot for Porsche's well being and it deserved more.

2004 40 Jahre #1342 :thumbup: