Porsche 968 Brake Cooling Air Deflector Duct for 951

Talk and Tech about turbocharged 924/944/968 cars
Pumba1983
Since driving a 1986 turbo on period correct 16" Fuchs wheels options om upgrading are difficult and limited, even more since i want to keep the Fuchs.
I once experienced brake fade in a spirited downhill mountain drive and i never want to again so i investigated in different solutions. Upgrading to medium black is possible with some fabrication but would increase front track by 22 mm and therefore scrub radius by 11mm which is definitely felt.
Bringing just the upper scoop of the 968 would already direct the air from the front ducts (ditched by Porsche later) better to the center of the brake disk. The lower scoops on the wishbone just add more air to this equation and ist solved at least my fading problem. For me this solution ist the easiest to integrate and the most cost efficient an lightweight (unsprung mass) and at least for my use case enough.

pedros951
333pg333 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:34 pm I'm curious why people want these brake ducts? Can't imagine they're required for a street car. On the track with multiple laps, sure, but on the street...are you getting overheating and fading?
If you run it and run it hard, the begging to fade. Even with good oil and good pads.
In Europe we have excellent secondary roads, very twisty. If you run your car HARD, believe me it’s better to cool your brakes.
The same applies for trackday off course.