Musik-Stadt PCA!!

A place for locals and friends!
blueline
This is great - thank you Tom. Good to see our fantastic region, Musik-Stadt leading the way!

I hope this catches on with a whole lot of PCA members and other Porsche clubs around the globe!

Tim
'24 Cayenne S - Algarve Blue Metallic
'22 992 Turbo S - Carmine Red
'21 718 Cayman GT4 - White
'21 718 Cayman GTS - black
'11 GMC 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 - black
Musik-Stadt Region

blueline
Musik-Stadt PCA club website here.

A bit from the "About" page:

"The Musik Stadt Region (MSK) of the Porsche Club of America (PCA) currently has over 1000 members within the Middle Tennessee area (671 primary + 332 associate). PCA is dedicated to the enjoyment of Porsche cars both old and new. MSK maintains this website and publishes a monthly newsletter with events and articles of interest to our members. We plan monthly breakfast meetings and driving events for the enjoyment of our members and their Porsche cars."

Musik-Stadt PCA logo (Small).jpg
Musik-Stadt PCA logo (Small).jpg (54.93 KiB) Viewed 425 times

Tim
Musik-Stadt Region

blueline
Musik-Stadt's 'Solid Gold' monthly newsletters:

https://msknew.pca.org/current-newsletters/

Tim
Musik-Stadt Region

blueline
@signde

Trying to get the regions forums going so I figured as a way to generate some activity on the new forum I'd do a "mention" to you and post a question regarding the pic from Polecat that you posted some time ago. Have you run the track and if so, when and with whom? (I just posted a PTC pic from last year in the Racing sub-forum.)

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1985&p=21568#p21568

Tim
Musik-Stadt Region

signde
blueline wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:38 pm @signde

Trying to get the regions forums going so I figured as a way to generate some activity on the new forum I'd do a "mention" to you and post a question regarding the pic from Polecat that you posted some time ago. Have you run the track and if so, when and with whom? (I just posted a PTC pic from last year in the Racing sub-forum.)

My picture from PTC was last Fall with the Harpeth Car Club. If you aren't familiar with them it's a great group. They do poker runs and track days several times throughout the year, with all of the benefits going to charity. They did a track day at PTC again earlier this year but I couldn't make it.

I think they have an outing lined up this Fall for a tour and some parade laps at the new track in Crossville.

Porsche 997 Turbo | Porsche Macan Turbo | Audi 8V RS3 | VW MK4 R32

blueline
signde wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:06 pm
blueline wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 1:38 pm @signde

My picture from PTC was last Fall with the Harpeth Car Club. If you aren't familiar with them it's a great group. They do poker runs and track days several times throughout the year, with all of the benefits going to charity. They did a track day at PTC again earlier this year but I couldn't make it.

I think they have an outing lined up this Fall for a tour and some parade laps at the new track in Crossville.

Fantastic Ryan!

That recent HCC/Drivin' Life event was on Sat June 10th last month :thumbup: I was there with HCC and Owen - that's me and my white GT4 on pit row in the in the middle of your first instagram pic. (Your Instagram pics are from this year's HCC event that was held last month.)

Jade Buford was there too and he and Owen did lead/follows for the drivers who were brand new to track days. I did a few lead-follows for more experienced drivers who were new to Polecat. (I've been to every event with Owen since he started doing them last year - I love the place.)

Owen has two more private track days at PTC this fall in Sep & Oct. I'll be there for both of those. Come join us if you can!
https://drivinlife.com/register-here

Also please check out the spreadsheets I do every year for track events in our part of the country. I have a small dedicated group on my email list but I also have them on a Carpokes thread here:
viewtopic.php?t=1605

I've been doing these spreadsheets for over 10-years as a help to others trying to organize and plan track days. They are a PITA to compile and produce but they are a great help.

If you are part of HCC, please let me know what they have planned for 2024 track events and I'll add them when I put the list together late December/early January. By the way, they don't have anything on their website regarding Flatrock so if you get that info please share it with me.

Tim
Musik-Stadt Region

signde
blueline wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:00 pm Fantastic Ryan!

That recent HCC/Drivin' Life event was on Sat June 10th last month :thumbup: I was there with HCC and Owen - that's me and my white GT4 on pit row in the in the middle of your first instagram pic. (Your Instagram pics are from this year's HCC event that was held last month.)

Jade Buford was there too and he and Owen did lead/follows for the drivers who were brand new to track days. I did a few lead-follows for more experienced drivers who were new to Polecat. (I've been to every event with Owen since he started doing them last year - I love the place.)

Owen has two more private track days at PTC this fall in Sep & Oct. I'll be there for both of those. Come join us if you can!

Also please check out the spreadsheets I do every year for track events in our part of the country. I have a small dedicated group on my email list but I also have them on a Carpokes thread here:
viewtopic.php?t=1605

I've been doing these spreadsheets for over 10-years as a help to others trying to organize and plan track days. They are a PITA to compile and produce but they are a great help.

If you are part of HCC, please let me know what they have planned for 2024 track events and I'll add them when I put the list together late December/early January. By the way, they don't have anything on their website regarding Flatrock so if you get that info please share it with me.
I should have known you were already plugged in with HCC. Chris told me the Fall event with Flatrock is still in the planning stages. I'm sure he will send out an email blast when it's finalized.

I'm hesitant to take my turbo out on the track much right now since the coolant lines are not pinned. The last place I would want them to go is on track - that could ruin everyone's day. It's on my agenda to get addressed but it's a costly engine out service with a long list of "while you are in there" tacked on so I am dragging my feet.

Porsche 997 Turbo | Porsche Macan Turbo | Audi 8V RS3 | VW MK4 R32

blueline
signde wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:08 am
blueline wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:00 pm Fantastic Ryan!

viewtopic.php?t=1605

I should have known you were already plugged in with HCC. Chris told me the Fall event with Flatrock is still in the planning stages. I'm sure he will send out an email blast when it's finalized.

I'm hesitant to take my turbo out on the track much right now since the coolant lines are not pinned. The last place I would want them to go is on track - that could ruin everyone's day. It's on my agenda to get addressed but it's a costly engine out service with a long list of "while you are in there" tacked on so I am dragging my feet.
I hear you on that reluctance. Even though my Turbo S has no service needs (I guess that's obvious since it's new), I remain hesitant to put it on track for a variety of reasons. It's never been on track - the GT4 fulfills that chore for me.

Anyway, should you get the WYAIT services done, come on out - it will be nice at PTC this Fall. Could take a relaxing country ride to even if not getting on track. Polecat is in the sticks after all! :thumbup:

Tim
Musik-Stadt Region