Including the Spyder, GT4, and GT4RS
Larry C
The video is working and is awesome!

2022 Cayman GTS 4.0
2019 Audi RS3 (sold)
2016 VW Golf R (sold)
2013 Audi S4 (sold)

alavigne
Larry C wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:40 pm The video is working and is awesome!
Thank you sir! I think we may still need to do a slight bit of rework (for one, we have to say "Carmine Red" instead of "Guards Red" now), and I'm also wondering if we can focus it down a bit more. Perhaps 3 minutes and 42 seconds is still too long, and maybe we gotta narrow down to something that succinctly encapsulates the "what is going to make our video/story different from the million other Porsche videos floating around on the internet".

Larry C
@alavigne
‘Just saw the banner at the top of this website. This is a story that I’m excited to follow. I picked up my GTS 4.0 at the nearby dealership so I’ll be living vicariously through your Euro delivery and subsequent adventures. What is the best way to know when you have a new post regarding this quest?

2022 Cayman GTS 4.0
2019 Audi RS3 (sold)
2016 VW Golf R (sold)
2013 Audi S4 (sold)

lukesward
Hey Larry, I believe if you click the little wrench icon, and then select “Subscribe Topic” from the menu, you would then get notifications when there are new postings.

Looking forward to being able to compare notes on the GTS!!

~ Luke

Stigs cousin
Wow! this is a very cool project.I Look forward to seeing this move forward.Maybe this is something that Porsche would be interested in for a video type display at Rennsport 2023.Five years ago they had video stories playing on small screen's through out the venue with different Porsche topics & stories.

It's fantastic pitch video!

Stig

Tom
Site Admin
lukesward wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:34 pm Hey Larry, I believe if you click the little wrench icon, and then select “Subscribe Topic” from the menu, you would then get notifications when there are new postings.

~ Luke
Thanks Luke. Spot on. You are typically subscribed automatically when you start or reply to a thread, though that can be changed in the settings. Also, in order for notifications to trigger emails, you need to make sure your email notifications are turned on. They 'should' be turned on by default, but here's the PSA I did showing how to confirm/change....

viewtopic.php?t=168

alavigne
Stigs cousin wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:48 pm Wow! this is a very cool project.I Look forward to seeing this move forward.Maybe this is something that Porsche would be interested in for a video type display at Rennsport 2023.Five years ago they had video stories playing on small screen's through out the venue with different Porsche topics & stories.

It's fantastic pitch video!

Stig
Thanks. I think the grassrootsy human interest angle, along with a somewhat elevated quality of production... and with a striking pair of very similar-but-slightly-different Porsche sportscars as a backdrop, and then the whole Euro Delivery experience as one of the signature events in this journey... well, I think it makes for ideal promotional material. I think if the right people at Porsche understood the vision for this they'd be interested in supporting it or promoting it. But that's the key part.... rising above the fray and getting noticed by the right people.

PS - happen to know anyone? ;-)

Larry C
lukesward wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:34 pm Hey Larry, I believe if you click the little wrench icon, and then select “Subscribe Topic” from the menu, you would then get notifications when there are new postings.

~ Luke
@lukesward Got it! Are you guys planning on doing an M2 like road trip after you pick up the cars?

2022 Cayman GTS 4.0
2019 Audi RS3 (sold)
2016 VW Golf R (sold)
2013 Audi S4 (sold)

lukesward
Absolutely.

That's probably the biggest part of this whole thing, besides actually getting the cars themselves. We want to take that M2 experience, and take it to the next level. We're working to improve our media-capturing capabilities, and tell even more of a story when we get to go with the Porsches.

You'll be able to contrast The GTS Chronicles, with the trip report Andrew created for that M2 experience: https://alavigne.net/Outdoors/TripRepor ... /M2Pickup/

~ Luke

alavigne
Larry C wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:33 pm

~ Luke
@lukesward Got it! Are you guys planning on doing an M2 like road trip after you pick up the cars?
Boy, are we.... In general concept it will be very much like our M2 euro delivery trip - except amped up: better prepped, with some storyboarding in advance, with more available days (ie - a longer trip duration), and with a crew member so we can get shots and footage of both of us driving both cars at the same time.