DIY 718 PSE SWITCH

Product Instructions, Repair Procedures, and Other Technical Downloads
Tom
Site Admin
JetFuelOnly wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:01 am Awesome thanks Tom! I’ll likely try a wireless version of this or a mounted switch somewhere. I’ll get with you when I finally get around to it!
Awesome. The world needs a 3D-printer-enabled 718 owner to design a switch plate for this that plugs into one of the factory blanks! A finished looking switch in the center stack would be my first choice over a switch on the end of the cable, or even a separate remote fob for that matter.

JetFuelOnly
I’m wondering which of those remote setups will be compatible with the built in garage door switches?

Lott678
Is there a YouTube video comparing the three selections?

fjord384
This is great! After reading the instructions, from my understanding:

1. Wire the switch directly to the valve solenoid in the engine as well as to the factory harness.
2. Feed the switch through the firewall (is there an existing hole that can be used?)
3. Hook the 12 v source using a fuse tap
3. Mount the switch anywhere you want inside the cabin.

Tom
Site Admin
fjord384 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:29 am This is great! After reading the instructions, from my understanding:

1. Wire the switch directly to the valve solenoid in the engine as well as to the factory harness.
2. Feed the switch through the firewall (is there an existing hole that can be used?)
3. Hook the 12 v source using a fuse tap
3. Mount the switch anywhere you want inside the cabin.
That's it in a nutshell. You remove the factory connector from the solenoid, and then plug this harness onto the solenoid, and into the now-removed factory connector. This intercepts the control signal going to the solenoid and allows you to substitute 12v (to shut the valve); or no power (open the valves); or feed the original factory signal back to the solenoid (for factory functionality). The original post includes a Jeopardy-buzzer holder for the switch, but you can certainly mount it anywhere you want. See the Track Nanny installation instructions I linked for routing the wires...